shadamarshanavasu

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My latest fix - watching a turkish serial

Paramparca is the name of the Turkish serial I am addicted to now. Paramparca means 'broken pieces'. The plot revolves around two girls who got switched in the hospital at birth, as their mothers had similar names.Of course they are from totally different backgrounds.The truth is revealed when one of the girls has an accident and her blood group does not match with either of her parents. So the story unfolds tracing back to the hospital. It has completed 58 episodes each running for 2 hours, so there is a lot more story happening. But then this can wait. I will go back in time to how I came to see the first episode and get hooked on to it.

This was September 2015. I was in Guwahati and enjoying the grandma post. Time used to be fully packed with Bunchin, a very lively and active baby. There was one day when Bunchin was away with his parents and I had some time to kill. I logged on to youtube. My friend had recommended that I watch Madame Secretary a US serial. I was browsing for that title. While it was not possible to download that one, this turkish serial popped up. It also said with English subtitles. I immediately clicked on it and began watching. Found the first episode quite gripping and also visually very appealing. The cast were extremely handsome and production was very slick. I got to see Istanbul in all its splendour and wide canvas. I was hooked. Halfway through the serial D got back and was quite surprised that I was watching a Turkish serial. She peeped into the screeen and was also interested. So we watched the rest of the episode together. I filled her in on what she had missed. An interesting and simple story line, very good script and extremely addictive visuals.It runs for a full 120 minutes mind you and no advertisements. So each episode is like watching a movie.

Just as I had got hooked, the second episode onwards, has no english subtitle. It was already an ongoing serial, so I could get to watch the past episodes online. Each time I would wish there was English subtitle.Every episode would also have several viewers asking for english subtitles.So I believed that it is only a production issue, and will be aired soon. In the meanwhile this was star entertainment when I was free. When I was busy watching the serial, sometimes I would stop and look for online turkish english translation. It would happen  when I was more than usually keen to know the meaning of a key word.

This went on for a few months and by then I had done catch up and was in sync with their live broadcasts. It is broadcast on mondays.So I eagerly wait for tuesday morning, when it would be uploaded. My tuesday afternoons are booked!

But then the lead lady has to be shot on her wedding day and she died.After that they are trying every trick available to bring back the excitement the show brought in. Without any romance, a family drama gets a bit dragging. And she had a very strong screen presence.She comes from a very ordinary lower middle class family and the lead man is a business magnate, with palatial building on the seafront. The chemistry added the zing to the series. Now no zing, no excitement, only drag drag drag.

But the sponsors need not worry. I will be there, complaining but watching every series. It ends in June, thank god. I can actually switch to some other interesting series!

Anybody preventing me from doing it now!!

But before that I will give you interesting tit bits about the series.

                                                                                                                                        ---contd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home