shadamarshanavasu

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Bunchin diary, fast forward to Guwahati II

Bunchin is adding new words to his vocabulary. Yesterday just like that he said 'hello' when D put a call through to me. She was holding the handset and said Bunchin wants to talk to you. He said hello. I was not sure it was not D who was trying to imitate his voice and prompt him to say hello. She said no, I actually had to talk to someone on the landline and I was just holding the phone near Bunchin's face. When the matter was clarified, then he said hello a few times more. I was excited and asked D why she had not told me that he is able to say hello.She said simple. He is saying hello now for the first time! So great!

He was carrying on a conversation with me saying, baba gum, tata, thatha. um tak tak tak , amma , mmm maa a pathi, thi thi thi and so on. I was answering him and in between I stopped so that I actually hear clearly what he is saying. Bunchin also stopped speaking, as he could not hear me say anything and was telling D, Patti tata. You get it right. He is telling her that patti has gone away and so I dont hear her voice. When Bunchin was in Madras, he used to want to talk to his father. When his father will say something to him. he will listen intently and not say anything.D would tell him, you keep quiet for sometime, so that Bunchin can say something.Taking that line, I had kept quiet for sometime, as he was holding forth. But see Bunchin's inference?

Bunchin was excited yesterday having tried a new slide in a bigger park. It was curved and he would go round and round twice before he is able to touch the ground. He went with his father. On coming home, he was super thrilled and wanted to communicate what he did to D. He waved his hands round and round and said he went for tata. and spread his hands wide. A very BIG tata. D says it was good fun.

D was telling me that he has become very cunning. Sometimes when he gets up in the middle of the night, quite wide awake and playful, he calls out to D, in a very honeyed voice, ammma, ammma and touches her cheeks gently to get her to wake up. She says I would not have believed he is capable of such sweetness in his voice. But while she was telling me this, she asked him, how he would say ammma in such a sweet fashion, please tell patti. He understood what she was saying alright, with a grin he was amma in a forceful way, which is demanding. She could not get him to mimic his midnight tone!

D allows to wallow in the sand pit and he throws the mud all over himself and lifts his shirt to show her see I have dirtied it so much!

He goes for walk and sits on a side walk and enjoys the surroundings, fooling around with the dried leaves.

Home is now only for eating and sleeping and barest minimum essentials. All other times are outdoor times. Now the weather is good, so it is somewhat fine. Next month will have rains and we shall see how Bunchin handles the situation!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home