shadamarshanavasu

Sunday, April 10, 2016

From the beginning of time

I was drafted in to take yoga course in our centre last week. I opted for morning session as my evenings were booked with learning swimming. So life has become quite busy. No well not really busy busy in that sense. But both ends of the day are packed, so I feel sort of boxed in. Day starts at 5, I finish a portion of my yoga routine and head for the centre by 6.15. Then two hours there and I head to mom's place from there. Spend some time there and then get back home. Yes that is hectic 5 hours. It is already quite hot with the sun blazing away. My best intention to get some good vitamin D on the sly is thwarted everyday as I desperately open my lifeline of umbrella the minute I step out of the house.

So I get back and spend some good time, trying to get back to equilibrium. I have just about achieved it when it is time to leave for swimming. By 3 pm I start gettting ready and leave by 4. ymca is a good distance from home and very relieved to get into the pool. But the sun is blazing away and can hardly see a little distance ahead in the pool. Yes a few head butts do take place. Thankfully for the last one week, summer coaching has started for tiny tots who like tadpoles are all over the pool till 5 pm. So now when we get into the pool it is after 5 and it is relatively cooler. At 6 it is with great difficulty I get out of the pool and head home.

Home and a routine awaits. Samahan in hot water to guard against pool infections is the first.Then a hot water bath(yes, doctors advice!) , slokas and my yoga routine. By which time I am blissfully tired and hungry and dinner it is,  hot and fresh. I am ready to call it a day with an episode of  ramani vs ramani  and then some reading and settling down for the night. Yes, phone calls to D which invariably are hijacked by bunchin,

So I was really gasping for breath for sunday. A day off from both yoga class and swimming class and I feel like a  typical IT industry professional, who just about manage to live between weekends.

Yes, the day starts with yoga whatever time I get up and then stretches till 5 pm when I head to my mom's place  and then back for some evening yoga time and slokas and that's it to call it a day.

So no wonder that I am feeling I am doing yoga classes in the morning and evening swimming classes, from the beginning of time. But the reality is that the morning classes started just three days back and swimming, three weeks ago.

Perception and reality my friend, a BIG gaping hole inbetween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home